Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

...well there haven't been any planes yet, but I now know how Steve Martin and John Candy felt.

Here's a typical Friday for me:

1. Wake up at the asscrack of dawn. Haul ass to subway and ride if for approx. 45 minutes to somewhere in Manhattan.

2. Wait in line for a bus for well over 45 minutes. Get on bus and pray no one sits next to me (these prayers are never fulfilled).

3. Sit on bus for approx. 5 hours.

4. Arrive in Boston. Exit bus, walk to subway.

5. Take the red line train to Park Street. Get off, transfer to the green line train and take that to Kenmore Square. Total ride time: 1 hour.

6. Get off the train, wait another 20-30 minutes for the 57 bus.

7. Ride the bus for 30 minutes to Brighton.

8. Climb into my car and drive from Brighton to east Cambridge in rush hour traffic (approx. 1 hour).

9. Arrive at my friend Kathryn's condo. Drive around for 15 minutes looking for a parking spot.

10. Park car, enter condo, collapse.



On Sunday I get to experience this all over again, except in reverse!!


I used to LOVE to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment