Sunday, August 28, 2011

Packing

I'm getting ready to move to NYC. I've tried my best to purge all the bullshit I don't need. This includes furniture and miscellaneous crap. I always prided myself on not having much stuff but this has been challenging to say the least. I tried to sell what furniture I DID have but aside from several small pieces none of it interested anyone so I donated it to charity. Can't have enough good karma!!

My plan is to fill my car with a desk, my computer stuff, studio monitors, clothes, and a very select few miscellaneous items. The stack of shit I've collected in my living room is comparable in size to my typical gig drumkit so I'm confident I can fit it all. If not, I have a contingency plan in place - lose the desk. I can always buy one in NYC.

I still have some crap to leave out for the trash tomorrow morning...including my mattress. I hate to trash it as it's expensive and only several years old but no one wanted it and Goodwill won't take beds. Seems like a waste but what else can I do...?

Ok...time to relax and enjoy the rest of my last evening as a Bostonian. This move hasn't settled in yet...I've been in Boston for nearly 13 years so leaving is surreal, frightening, exciting, but most of all necessary. I love Boston, always will, it'll always feel like home. I'll miss this place so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment